- what sort of information we collect about you,
- how we use the information we collect about you,
- how you can instruct us if you prefer to limit the use of that information, and
- the procedures that we have in place to safeguard your privacy.
- What types of information are generally collected?
- What personally identifiable information do we collect about you?
- What non-personally identifiable information do we collect about you?
- What do we do with the information we collect?
- With whom do we share the information we collect?
- How do you update and correct your information?
- What opt out rights and rights to obtain details of the information we hold on you do you have?
- How is information collected and use by linked third party websites
- What kind of security is used to protect your information?
- What information is collected for minors under 18 years old?
WHAT TYPES OF INFORMATION ARE GENERALLY COLLECTED?
We collect information about our Site users in several ways, including through cookies, registration, and emails sent to us via our Site. We generally collect two types of information about users: personally identifiable information, and non-personally identifiable information.
- Personally Identifiable Information. Personally identifiable information lets us know the specifics of who you are. When you engage in certain activities on this site, such as registering for an account, requesting a product or service, submitting content and/or posting content in discussion forums or other public areas, follow our progress, or sending us feedback, we may ask you to provide certain information about yourself by filling out and submitting an online form or as otherwise directed on the Site. You can always decline to provide such information to us –it is your choice, and you are under no obligation to provide personally identifiable information to us. However, if you decide not to provide such information, then you may not be able to participate in, or request certain goods, services, information, or materials from, this Site.
- Non-Personally Identifiable Information. This refers to information that does not by itself identify a specific individual.
WHAT PERSONALLY IDENTIFIABLE INFORMATION DO WE COLLECT ABOUT YOU?
We do not collect any personally identifiable information about you unless you voluntarily provide it to us. Our information collection for personally identifiable information includes the following:
- We require users who request items from our Site to register on our Site as a registered user of our Site and to provide us with a name, telephone number, email address (if they have one), postal address and post code.
- If you request a product or other educational materials through our Site we will require you to provide us with the above information plus your delivery details.
- If you send us email messages, you will automatically provide us with your electronic mail address, as well as any other personally identifiable information you include in the text of your message or any attachment.
- We may also collect personally identifiable information from you at other points on the Site that state that such information is being requested.
WHAT NON-PERSONALLY IDENTIFIABLE INFORMATION DO WE COLLECT ABOUT YOU?
We gather certain information about you based upon where you visit on our Site in several ways. This information is compiled and analysed on both a personal and aggregated basis.
- We collect and store from all visitors to our Site, whether they actively provide us with information or merely browse our Site, the internet protocol (IP) address of the computer they are using, the browser software they use and their operating system, the date and time they access our Site, the internet address of the website from which they linked directly to our Site, and other similar information. We use this type of information to track Site usage, to measure the number of visitors to the different sections of our Site and to help us make our Site more useful, including to help diagnose server problems or other Site administration issues. Except with respect to orders for our educational materials as provided on the Site, we do not link IP addresses with personally identifiable information.
- Web-crawlers such as Google® or Yahoo® may collect information through our Site.
WHAT DO WE DO WITH THE INFORMATION WE COLLECT?
We use personal information to provide you with the services and goods you have requested. Unless you have informed us that you do not wish to receive such information, we or our agents may periodically contact you about our products and services and those of certain affiliated entities. We may perform statistical analyses of user behavior (for example, by analysing the Site usage data gathered passively from all users) in order to measure relative user interest in the various areas of our Site. These analyses assist us in the services and content we provide.
WITH WHOM DO WE SHARE THE INFORMATION WE COLLECT?
We share personally identifiable information with our affiliated entities (including Dyson, Inc. and its affiliates) and with companies who are acting as our agents, service providers, or promotional partners as long as they agree to use the information for the legitimate business purposes specified by Dyson. We will also share personally identifiable information if you have given us permission to do so. Finally, we will share your personally identifiable information if required by law to do so, including in response to legal processes, such as a court order or subpoena, or to comply with other federal, state or local laws. We may disclose statistical information to third parties in aggregate form without revealing any personal details about our users (for example, 50% of our users downloaded lesson plans). Dyson will not reveal your personal identity in connection with the disclosure of such information.
HOW DO YOU UPDATE AND CORRECT YOUR INFORMATION?
We encourage you to promptly update your personally identifiable information if it changes. You may change any of your personally identifiable information in your online account by accessing your account in accordance with the posted instructions on this Site. You may also change your personal information and privacy preference by writing to us at: The James Dyson Foundation, Tetbury Hill, Malmesbury, Wiltshire, SN16 0RP. You may ask to have the information on your account deleted or removed. However, because we keep track of past transactions you cannot delete information associated with past transactions on this site. In addition, it may be impossible to completely delete your information without some residual information because of our use of backup copies and other data and records retention measures.
WHAT OPT OUT RIGHTS AND RIGHTS TO OBTAIN DETAILS OF THE INFORMATION WE HOLD ON YOU?
If you wish to opt out of being contacted by Dyson or its agents about our products and services, you may do so at the time you provide us with your contact details, or at any time by
- using the unsubscribe option included in all our promotional email correspondence, or
- sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org or
- writing to us at The James Dyson Foundation, Tetbury Hill, Malmesbury, Wiltshire, SN16 0RP stating that you do not wish to receive such communications.
We will provide users of our Site with details of the contact information that we hold on them upon request within 60 days of a verified request. To make such a request, please send an email to email@example.com or write to us at The James Dyson Foundation, Tetbury Hill, Malmesbury, Wiltshire, SN16 0RP and include your full name and postal address and zip code.
HOW IS INFORMATION COLLECTED AND USED BY LINKED THIRD PARTY WEBSITES?
As a service to you, we may provide links to websites operated and controlled by third parties. Those third parties have their own information collection practices. We are not responsible for their information collection practices or for the content of their sites. We encourage you to review carefully the privacy policies of all websites, including those websites that can be accessed from this site.
WHAT KIND OF SECURITY IS USED TO PROTECT YOUR INFORMATION?
All information about you that we store on our web server is in secure databases protected through a variety of technical access controls. We use commercially reasonable measures to safeguard personally identifiable information stored in our serves and databases against loss, theft, and unauthorized disclosure or use. Please be aware that no security measures are perfect, and while we strive to protect your personally identifiable information you acknowledge that (a) there are security and privacy limitations of the Internet that are beyond our control; and (b) the security, integrity, and privacy of any and all information and data exchanged between you and us through this Site cannot be guaranteed. Also, we cannot control the actions of third parties with whom you choose to share information. We are therefore not responsible for circumvention of any security measures by third parties. Any information that you choose to disclose in your profile or bulletin board postings will be accessible to third parties. Any such disclosures are made at your own risk.
WHAT INFORMATION IS COLLECTED FOR MINORS UNDER 18 YEARS OLD?
We do not knowingly collect or solicit personally identifiable information from anyone under the age of 18, nor do we knowingly allow minors under the age of 18 to become registered users of the Site. If you are under the age of 18, please do not attempt to become a registered user or otherwise provide us with any personally identifiable information. If we learn that we have inadvertently obtained personally identifiable information from a minor under the age of 18, we will delete that information as soon as possible. If you believe that a minor under the age of 18 has submitted personally identifiable information in connect with this Site, please contact us at: The James Dyson Foundation, Tetbury Hill, Malmesbury, Wiltshire, SN16 0RP .